RegisterDip in the Dark Swim (Windermere) 2019
The Dip in the Dark (Windermere) is a swim with a difference, starting at 7pm on Friday 4th October 2019 with mulled wine ( for all swimmers :-)
It will be dark with swimmers using a similar buoyed course used by the Friday nights swims, but this time with a lighted swim course and glow sticks attached to your wetsuit or under your goggle strap/ swim cap. It is a fun swim, non competitive (not timed) with an option of a 250m or 500m swim (1 or 2 laps).
The safety kayak team will be lit up too and the buoys will be visible to guide you around the 250m loop.
- Age 16+ – under 18 need parental consent.
- Wetsuits are mandatory
- Entry just £22
- Event Swim cap
- Event medal to all finishers
- Mulled Wine or Hot spiced apple
- Changing area/showers/toilets on site
- Free event photo – downloadable from Face Book after the event from the talented James Kirby
- Registration – 5.45pm – 6.30pm at lakeside – 7pm start.
- Maximum 100 swimmers (as small friendly event :-), so book soon to avoid disappointment
- Closing date – Wednesday 2nd October, sorry no entries on the night.
Final event information being sent to all swimmers Monday 30th September.
Start Date/Time: Fri 04 Oct 2019 19:00
End Date/Time: Fri 04 Oct 2019 20:00
Location: Fell Foot Park (National Trust)
I'm not on Facebook, but just wanted to say thank you very much for a great swim today - we both thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a lovely course and well organised. The new showers and changing rooms were lovely - a bit of a change to our usual! The photos are also really great. Well done to all involved. We look forward to taking part in your future events - we will try not to leave it to the last minute next time!
Jan & Gerry Kennedy