Bespoke Open Water Introduction Sessions – August & September
During August and September, we are running bespoke Open Water Sessions for groups of friends or families. These sessions can be tailor made to your group. We also offer 1-2-1 & 1-2-2 sessions. https://www.sleekerswim.co.uk/coaching/individual-coaching/1-2-1-open-water-lessons/
We cater for all levels, whether you want to just tip your toe in the water and try Open Water for the first time or whether you have a particular swim or triathlon event to aim for.
The sessions take place at Fell Foot Park, Windermere lake LA12 8NN
Session run: we can be flexible on dates, but best if the session starts early 9am & the session will be around 90 mins in length.
The session can offer all aspects of open water swimming including:
- Wetsuit choice, putting on the wetsuit, quick removal & choosing the right goggles.
- Acclimatisation, entering the water and safety
- Looking at the dreaded mass swim starts, dealing with anxiety, breathing techniques
- Open Water skills including how to start, picking the right line (ensuring you don’t need to swim any further then you need to), sighting, navigation & turning around buoys
- Cost – please enquire (depending on group size – 2 coaches can be available – please email email@example.com
- Wetsuit hire available – various sizes available.
- Wild swimming – we also have an Introduction to Wild swimming for swimmers looking to try Wild Swimming who are not looking to take part in an Open Water event, but just want to enjoy the incredible beauty of outdoor swimming for fun. Please see – Introduction to wild Swimming
We can also offer Wild Swims for groups.
Bespoke Open Water Sessions
- We can offer these sessions to group from 3 upwards in numbers. (we also offer 1-2-1 & 1-2-2 sessions)
- These sessions can be tailor made to whatever your group would like to work on – ideal for families, & friend groups
- We are able to run these sessions until the end of October including October Half term (depending on weather conditions)
Start Date/Time: 09:00
End Date/Time: 10:30
Location: Fell Foot Park (National Trust)
Just wanted to thank you to you and Sophie for the fab session at the Lake yesterday.
We all absolutely loved it and it certainly helped in overcoming the niggles and fears I had at the start of the day.
I gained many tips and I’m actually now looking forward to the event in the Dee in the summer ?
Your organisation and correspondence through email has been extremely efficient, so thank you very much,
Hope the afternoon session went well for you both,
Anita ? May 2019
I just wanted to say thank you to both you and Sophie for an excellent introduction to open water swimming. I really enjoyed the session and it has given me the encouragement to do more.
Although very professional and confidence building the session was also very friendly, with a nice group.