RegisterOpen Water Introduction Sessions dates t.b.c
Our next popular Open Water Introduction session is Sunday July 10th 2022
These sessions are aimed at swimmers new to open water swimming or those who feel they need to brush up on their open water skills to build their confidence for Open water swims. We cater for all levels, whether you want to just tip your toe in the water and try Open Water for the first time or whether you have a particular swim or triathlon event to aim for.
It is a 2.5 hr session run at Fell Foot Park, Windermere lake. (these are one off sessions not a course)
Session run: Sunday 9.30 – 12.00pm (approx. finish time)
The session offers all aspects of open water swimming including:
- Wetsuit choice, putting on the wetsuit, quick removal & choosing the right goggles.
- Acclimatisation, entering the water and safety
- Looking at the dreaded mass swim starts, dealing with anxiety, breathing techniques
- Open Water skills including how to start, picking the right line (ensuring you don’t need to swim any further then you need to), sighting, navigation & turning around buoys
- 1:5 ratio – coach to swimmer to ensure lots of attention for everybody.
- Cost – £49.50
- Wetsuit hire available for £10 – various sizes available.
- Lots of tea & cake before & after the session.
- Wild swimming – New in 2021, we are running three Wild swimming sessions for swimmers looking to try Wild Swimming who are not looking to take part in an Open Water event, but just want to enjoy the incredible beauty of outdoor swimming for fun. Please see – Introduction to wild Swimming
Bespoke Open Water Sessions
- We can offer these sessions to group from 3 upwards in numbers. (we also offer 1-2-1 & 1-2-2 sessions)
- These sessions can be tailor made to whatever your group would like to work on – ideal for families, & friend groups
- We are able to run these sessions until the end of October including October Half term (depending on weather conditions)
Start Date/Time: 09:30
End Date/Time: 12:00
Cut off: 28/05/2022
Location: Fell Foot Park (National Trust)
Just wanted to thank you to you and Sophie for the fab session at the Lake yesterday.
We all absolutely loved it and it certainly helped in overcoming the niggles and fears I had at the start of the day.
I gained many tips and I’m actually now looking forward to the event in the Dee in the summer ?
Your organisation and correspondence through email has been extremely efficient, so thank you very much,
Hope the afternoon session went well for you both,
Anita ? May 2019
I just wanted to say thank you to both you and Sophie for an excellent introduction to open water swimming. I really enjoyed the session and it has given me the encouragement to do more.
Although very professional and confidence building the session was also very friendly, with a nice group.