RegisterOpen Water Introduction Sessions – May 5th, May 12th, May 19th, May 26th & June 2nd – 2019
These sessions are aimed at swimmers new to open water swimming or those who feel they need to brush up on their open water skills to build their confidence for Open water swims. We cater for all levels, whether you want to just tip your toe in the water and try Open Water for the first time & look to do wild swims or whether you have a particular swim or triathlon event to aim for.
It is a 2.5 hr session run at Fell Foot Park, Windermere lake. (these are one off sessions not a course)
Each session runs from 10 – 12.30pm, except the June course which is 9.30 – 12pm.
The session offers all aspects of open water swimming including:
- Wetsuit choice, putting on the wetsuit, quick removal & choosing the right goggles.
- Acclimitization, entering the water and safety
- Looking at the dreaded mass swim starts, dealing with anxiety, breathing techniques
- Open Water skills inc how to start, picking the right line (ensuring you don’t need to swim any further then you need to), sighting, navigation & turning around buoys
- Wild swimming – new for this year, we will also be covering Wild swimming in our sessions for those swimmers who are not looking to take part in an Open Water event, but just want to enjoy Outdoor swimming or Wild swimming. (Please detail on your registration form if you have an event or just looking to try open water.
- 1:5 ratio – coach to swimmer to ensure lots of attention for everybody.
- Wetsuit hire available for £10 – various sizes available.
Bespoke Open Water Sessions
- We can offer these sessions to group from 3 upwards in numbers. (we also offer 1-2-1 & 1-2-2 sessions)
- These sessions can be tailor made to whatever your group would like to work on.
Start Date/Time: May 5th 2019
End Date/Time: June 2nd
Location: Fell Foot Park (National Trust)
I just wanted to say thank you to both you and Sophie for an excellent introduction to open water swimming. I really enjoyed the session and it has given me the encouragement to do more.
Although very professional and confidence building the session was also very friendly, with a nice group.