RegisterOpen Water Swim Sessions – August & September – 2018
These sessions are aimed at swimmers new to open water swimming or those who feel they need to brush up on their open water skills to build their confidence for Open water swims or triathlon swims.
We cater for all levels, whether you want to just tip your toe in the water and try Open Water for the first time or whether you have a particular swim or triathlon event to aim for. It is a 2.5 hr course/session run at Fell Foot Park, Windermere lake.
The session offers all aspects of open water swimming including:
- Wetsuit choice, putting on the wetsuit, quick removal & choosing the right goggles.
- Acclimitization, entering the water and safety
- Looking at the dreaded mass swim starts, dealing with anxiety, breathing techniques
- Open Water skills inc how to start, picking the right line (ensuring you don’t need to swim any further then you need to), sighting, navigation & turning around buoys
- We can offer these sessions to group from 3 upwards in numbers. (we also offer 1-2-1 & 1-2-2 sessions)
However, we can tailor make these sessions to whatever your group would like to work on.
Start Date/Time: August and September
Location: Fell Foot Park (National Trust)
I just wanted to say thank you to both you and Sophie for an excellent introduction to open water swimming. I really enjoyed the session and it has given me the encouragement to do more.
Although very professional and confidence building the session was also very friendly, with a nice group.